In today's hyper-competitive work environment, having the right skills and being prepared can mean the difference between employed and unemployed. The Economic Solutions Center’s Workforce Development program prepares job seekers through:
Job Readiness Training & Workshops: Resume Writing, Career Planning, Interviewing, Networking, Professionalism in the Workplace, and many more.
Including Sector-Specific Instruction and Referrals: Food Handlers, Customer Service and OSHA.
Screening and Hiring : Career and Job Fairs, Employment Pre-Screenings, Career coaching with onsite computer lab with job database and resume creating software.
Information Sessions: Employers and organizations regularly host information sessions about upcoming openings, company mission, and questions.
During this COVID- 19 crisis, we have shifted our strategy recognizing that this pandemic may impact our clients’ workplaces, work design and employment stability. We want to help you prepare for how the world of work is inevitably shifting, while being sure to keep our community safe and healthy:
- Resume and Interviewing Support: In one-on-one telephone sessions with our Training and Placement team, you will have the opportunity to create or update your resume and/or prepare for interviews that are likely to be conducted on the phone or in a video conferencing format. If you would like to participate in either of these sessions, please email email@example.com.
- Immediate Jobs: We are partnering with organizations to fill immediate needs in:
- Maintenance and environmental services
- Medical staff - all levels and specialties
- Dietary Aides and Food Services
- Warehouse and Delivery Services
The hiring process for many of these roles have been expedited in light of the urgent situation. If you would like to be considered for any of these opportunities or you are a local business seeking talent available to start right away, please contact Nadine Mullings, Assistant Director, Training and Placement at firstname.lastname@example.org or (917) 275-0418.
Check the calendar below for upcoming events. For more information about our work readiness and other available services, email email@example.com, call (718) 636-6994 or visit the Economic Solutions Center Central office 1368 Fulton Street.