Restoration’s Covid Response
Messages From President
"The Board of Directors and Management of the Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation take seriously the health risks posed by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As we move forward, Restoration’s guiding principle is to prioritize the health and safety of Restoration’s employees and the members of the Central Brooklyn community, while continuing to serve as a community resource. Restoration’s goal is to serve our many constituents as fully as possible, keeping your safety and well being at the forefront. In doing so, we will comply with the precautionary measures announced by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo for all of New York State and regional areas."
The inhumane execution of George Floyd in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic graphically revealed that lost lives are the price of racial oppression at the hands of broken law enforcement, health and economic systems. George Floyd survived a bout with deadly COVID-19 but not the Minneapolis Police Department sworn to protect him.
Restoration Emergency Fund
For a limited time, one-time emergency grants of up $400 is available for Central Brooklyn residents.
Priority will be given to Brooklynites meeting one of the following criteria:
1. A family member had Covid- 19 and is now struggling with health expenses;
2. Have lost employment due to Covid- 19 and are not yet receiving unemployment; and
3. Have reduced employment due to Covid- 19 and are now struggling with food insecurity.
For more information, click here
Important COVID-19 Informational Links
- Office of the Brooklyn Borough President
- New York City Health
- Center for Disease Control
- New York State Department of Health
- Resources for NYC Businesses
New Yorkers should text COVID to 692-692 to get regular updates on the latest developments with COVID-19