Restoration’s Center for Healthy Neighborhoods brings you our Fresh series sharing information on where you can access affordable/free, fresh, and locally grown produce here in Central Brooklyn. Partnering with Beautifully Fed we also provide you with recipes and videos with culinary tips to help you prepare your favorite seasonal produce.
Looking for other local and low-cost food options in Brooklyn? Check out these sites where you can access locally grown goods:
- Woodhull Farmers' Market
- Wednesdays, July 29 to November 25
- 9am - 2pm
- Broadway and Flushing Avenue, Brooklyn
- RiseBoro Bushwick Farmers’ Market
- May through November
- Saturdays, 9am - 4pm
- Maria Hernandez Park at Knickerbocker Avenue between Starr Street & Suydam Street
- Hattie Carthan Community Farmers' Market
- July through November
- Wednesdays - Marcy Avenue & Clifton Place - 1pm - 6pm (Holistic Market)
- Sundays - 49 Van Buren St. - 1pm - 6pm
- The Campaign Against Hunger Farm Stand
- July through November
- Tuesdays – Fridays - 9am to 2pm
- Saturdays - 8am – 3pm
- 1965-1971 Fulton Street
- Brooklyn Supported Agriculture
- A weekly subscription of local, organic, or sustainably grown produce, from the farm to our community, starting at $25.
Click the links below to try out nutritional recipes from Beautifully Fed! Recipes to be added each week through October.
- Rosemary Eggplant Pizza
- Cucumber Pearled Couscous Salad
- Tangy Beet Carrot Apple Slaw
- Tomato Braised Eggplant with Pipe Rigate
- Kale & Carrot Fried Rice
- Autumnal Carrot Top Pesto
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Kale Bowl with Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Zesty Corn & Farro Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Black Bean, Kale, and Butternut Chili
- Sage, Lentil, and Acorn Squash Soup
- Crunchy Collard Slaw
- Sweet Potato & Chard Curry with Rice
For more from Beautifully Fed, follow their Instagram @iambeautifullyfed and reach them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips & Tricks
Do you want to learn about food, recipes, culinary techniques, and/or other things food-related? Well, Beautifully Fed will share their knowledge with you in a fun, informative, and easy-to-digest culinary vlog.
How to Prep Beets & Apples for a Quick Slaw!
Creating A Creamy Green Sauce- for Dips, Marinades and More!
How to Make The Best Fluffy Rice
Making Herb Pesto Small
Keeping Carrots Crisp and Fresh
Brewing up A Delicious Veggie Broth
Freeze Your Greens
Making Pumpkin Puree From Scratch
Quick Pickled Root Vegetables
Making Garlic Herb Salt