A one-stop shop for the workforce development and asset building, Restoration's Economic Solutions Center (ESC) is a leader in advancing a holistic approach to financial independence, meeting customers where they are in terms of skills and needs. Serving both adults and youth in Central Brooklyn with a focus on low-to-moderate income individuals.
Economic Solutions Center
The Economic Solutions Center model includes a comprehensive set of services that help individuals and families stabilize their financial situation while they are looking for work or career advancement. In a typical year, Restoration serves over 7,000 individuals with financial counseling, workforce development, youth enrichment and social support services. Sample outcomes for the past two years include:
- 4,578 financial coaching sessions offered
- 3,270 took advantage of our financial literacy services
- Over $9.2 million generated in tax refunds, including $4 million in Earned Income Tax Credits alone
- 1,530 people received workplace readiness training; 770 people placed in jobs
- 1,400 young people placed in summer jobs
- 2,033 people screened for various public benefits
- Amount earned in cumulative benefit payments -- $8.4 million
Restoration's Economic Solutions Center Work Readiness and Job Referrals
In today's hyper-competitive work environment, preparation means the difference between success and grim failure. Restoration's Economic Solutions Center prepares job seekers with certain success:
- Basic Job Readiness Workshops covering such topics as How to Write a Killer Resume, Mastering the Job Application, Championship Interviewing, Networking in a Tough Economy, Dealing with Tough Work Situations, Are You Listening?, and Legendary Customer Service
- Sector-Specific Instruction such as Customer Service and OSHA Certification training
- One-on-one counseling and Career Coaching for workshop participants, assistance with job search, as well as access to Restoration's computer lab and job database
For more information about our work readiness and other available services, please contact our Customer Service Center at (718) 636-6994 or stop by at 1368 Fulton Street Brooklyn, NY 11216 at Restoration Plaza.
Removing barriers to financial stability and self-sufficiency, Restoration's Economic Solutions Center provides integrated services including financial literacy workshops and one-on-one financial counseling to help thousands of households reduce debt, improve credit, and save for the future. In today's challenging economic environment, can you afford not to get the help you need?
Weekly Financial Literacy Workshops: Restoration partners with leaders in the financial sector to present the Wealth Building Tuesdays series, equipping individuals with information necessary to make sound decisions about their financial future. Topics included personal finance and money management, credit maintenance, savings for education and retirement, debt reduction and investment strategies. In addition to representatives from leading banks such as JPMorgan Chase, HSBC, Capital One, and Bank of America, presenters have included Credit Where Credit is Due and Workshop in Business Opportunities (WIBO).
One-on-One financial counseling: For those needing more intensive one-on-one support, the Economic Solutions Center provides private counseling, helping thousands of Brooklynites each year manage credit, reduce debt, increase savings and access critical banking services. There are no income limitations and conversations with our counselors are entirely free and confidential. Headquartered at Restoration Plaza, Restoration also operates mobile financial empowerment sites in Brownsville, downtown Brooklyn, Cypress Hills and Bushwick.
Tax Preparation Assistance: Did you know a major untapped source of cash for low-income families is the Earned Income Tax Credit? Some 35,000 individuals in Bedford Stuyvesant are eligible for EITC while only roughly 25% actually claimed these returns. Restoration is committed to increasing access to this major resource and partners to provide free tax preparation assistance at Restoration Plaza for income eligible individuals. Stop by 1406 Fulton Street and speak to our customer service desk or for additional information call (718) 636-6994.
Restoration provides a continuum of services that collectively remove barriers to employment, family stability and economic self-sufficiency. Services include free benefits screening, on-site food stamp and Medicaid enrollment, financial and legal counseling, social services referrals, and one-on-one case management -- all at one convenient location.
- Experienced case managers to assess your needs, provide information about benefits programs, and link you to local resources to help you meet your goals including but not limited to Eviction Prevention Assistance (One Shot Deal), child care vouchers/Head Start enrollment, rent increase exemptions for seniors and the disabled (SCRIE/DRIE), heat and energy savings (HEAP/Empower)
- Licensed lawyers to address problems such as eviction notices, ACS/termination of parental rights, SSD disputes, Consumer Credit, Immigration, Foreclosure Prevention, IRS Taxpayer Services
- Knowledgeable financial counselors to help with debt management, budgeting planning for the future
- Compassionate social workers to help cope with domestic violence, substance abuse, family matters or other barriers to your well-being
To schedule an appointment or for more information contact our customer service at (718) 636-6994 or walk in to schedule an appointment at Restoration Plaza at the Economic Solutions Center (next to the U.S. Post Office).